The ability to track, monitor and view the behavior of visitors on your site is most important to your online success.
The old adage “you can’t manage what you don’t measure” is as true today as ever. If you don’t know what is happening on your site, then how will you get better results online?
Business owners have looked for ways to track and understand what users are up to on their websites since web sites were first developed. From simple counters that track the number of visitors, to sophisticated and powerful statistical tracking software like Google Analytics and other applications that can record an incredible amount of key data.
Tracking user behavior is very important for the success of your digital business, not only because it enables you to understand what visitors are doing so you can improve your performance, but testing also confirms that previous user behaviour is the best indicator of future behaviour. It’s a better indicator, in fact, than knowing demographics.
While the ability to understand statistical metrics such as the number of unique visitors are coming to your site, what pages they are landing on and leaving from, how long they are remaining on your site for, what keywords people are searching for, page views, referring websites, etc …, is highly important, wouldn’t it also be excellent to be able to know precisely what visitors are clicking on, where on your site they are staying the longest period on, which hyperlinks they are clicking on, what parts of the content visitors are most interested in, and so on?
Fortunately, heat map tracking technology makes this easy and possible. Web heat maps are used to pinpoint areas of a web site page that online visitors scan most frequently. Web heat maps can also be used alongside other forms of stat tracking applications and session replay software.
If you own a WordPress website or blog, then it’s easy to add heatmap tracking and video session replays to your business tool box with an easy-to-install and inexpensive WordPress-compatible software application.
Heat Map Tracker – Live ClickTracking & HeatMap Tracker
Heat Map Tracker is technically not a WordPress plugin, but a software program that is compatible with WordPress and that visually records your web site visitors’ complete session and creates instant heat maps showing where they are clicking and where they are scrolling throughout your site content.
HeatMapTracker software also allows you to spy on every click your users make.
To learn more about this software go here: HeatMap Tracker
The more you know how your readers engage with your website, the more you can improve your website’s user experience. Imagine knowing the specific challenges that are preventing your users from fully engaging with your website, such as unclear navigation layouts, or distracting banner ads. As the website owner, you can help your site visitors to perform certain actions, such as sign up to your newsletter or click on certain links or buttons.
While Google Analytics has its overlay feature that can give you an idea of what links on a web page visitors are clicking, a heat map will also reveal any clicks that users are making on your site, whether these are actual links or not. This is an important difference because if a heat map analysis helps you discover that users are clicking on a graphic element which they imagine to be a link, but happens to not be a link, you would be able to quickly fix this by adding a link to the image, or let your users know that the image is just a visual element.
Heatmaps, therefore, are one of the best ways to test your site design, see how navigatable your site is and help to improve conversions.
Here are just a few of the benefits of using HeatMap Tracker to monitor visitor behaviour on your site:
Monitor Everything Users Do On Your Web Site
Heat Map Tracker creates a video of every browsing movement on your website, enabling you to view all links and buttons clicked, eye-tracking and page scrolls.
Full Control With No Limitations
The software is self-hosted, giving you no restrictions on recordings and playbacks.
Lifetime Upgrades & Enhancements
There is a one-time investment to own the software, which entitles you to receive unlimited updates and enhancements.
Additional benefits of the Heat Map Tracker software include:
- Improve Your Marketing Efforts: By looking over the shoulders of your visitors as they use your website, you can discover obstacles that prevent visitors from taking desired actions and reach your site benchmarks.
- Stop Guessing User Behavior: The screen video playbacks of your visitors’ sessions show you exactly what takes place on your website. Overlays let you see exactly which links and buttons users click on, which areas they are drawn to most on your website, how long they stay in a particular location, how far they scroll down your site and more! No more guesses or assuming wrongly … just factual information of what takes place when users navigate around your site.
- Increase Website Sales: HeatMap Tracker helps you increase visitor engagement with your site, which increases sales and conversions. There are a number of ways to achieve this and we go over a few of these in the “Tips” section further below.
HeatMap Tracker includes many great features for WordPress users. Here are just a few of these:
- Quick and easy to install and set up. Goes to work in minutes.
- View heat maps by mouse-clicks, eye-tracking and scrolls. See if visitors are clicking your site’s links, buttons, images and calls to action, see which areas of your content visitors look at and observe how far down your product pages your visitors scroll as an indicator of the length of time your website and/or sales copy can keep them engaged. Heat Map Tracker lets you review and analyze every single user experience to see how they interact with your website or some pages on the site.
- Unlimited session recording and playbacks. Are you required to provide reports to your CEO, Chief Digital Officer or stakeholders about your website’s performance? With HeatMap Tracker you can measure users on your website for one day, one week, a month, or even more!
- In-depth analytics. HeatMap Tracker provides in-depth analytics and at-a-glance statistics with a summary of each project. Overview stats enables you to view total visitors, tracked pages and total sessions Heat Map Tracker has recorded for each project. You can quickly see the top pages your readers are gravitating towards and how they interact with each page’s content, allowing you to invest more time on pages that users are more interested in. You can also access regional location data of all visitors and discover which part of the world they are coming from.
Additional software features:
The image below shows how HeatMap Tracker compares against competitors like CrazyEgg and Clicktale:
Below are a few of the testimonials plugin users have provided for the HeatMapTracker software:
“This plugin is the ultimate tool if you need to analyze your site visitors behaviour, including clicks, pages visited, time spent on each page, and a load of other details.” Tudor Pangal, Dream.Decide.Act.Succeed.
“HeatMapTracker is a wonderful WordPress plugin that lets you analyze where visitors on your website click, most of all you can see exactly what your visitors doing.” Towhid Zaman, CEO & Founder at DevsCraft, LLC
“HeatMap Tracker is a product you HAVE to own – and you probably don’t even realise it yet – how will you know what isn’t working on your website unless you can track it? This one product has allowed me to get the “edge” on my competitors – don’t let your competitors beat you to it.” Gordon Drayson, Gordon Drayson OnlineBookingAssistant.com
HeatMapTracker – Useful Tips
Here are just some of the many ways you can use HeatMapTracker on your site to improve your results:
- Understand what works (i.e. where users are clicking) and what’s not working (where people are not going to). For example, are users watching your videos? Are they clicking on images thinking that these are links to another area of your site?
- Get actionable information on how to optimize your landing pages, sign up forms, shopping cart, screen resolution, etc.
- Get insights on ways to create A/B split testing to improve results
- Get useful data prior to and during a website makeover, or if you decide to use a new WordPress theme for your website.
- Create “above the fold” testing to improve your home page’s “first impression”, or maximize the impact of your landing page’s real estate elements on your readers, such as ad banners, navigational links, buttons, sales copy, etc…
- Identify whether a section of your content should be added, redesigned, or taken out.
- Produce “before” and “after” comparison reports for digital services.
- Analyze whether visitors prefer to click images vs buttons versus text links, and how specific user segments engage within your web site.
- Investigate confirmed website security and vulnerabilities.
HeatMap Tracker is part of the Digital Kickstart Group owned by Mark Thompson, a respected internet marketer with a solid reputation for providing reliable product quality and customer support. The member download area contains video instructions for installing and setting up the software.
Product License Pricing
HeatMapTracker is available in 3 separate editions:
- Basic License – Single domain only. Price = $197.00 Single Payment.
- Professional (Multiple) License – Use on up to ten websites. Cost = $297.00 One-time.
- White-Label Branding) License – In addition to all of the features available in the other editions (click tracking, heatmaps, browser recording, unlimited recording / pageviews, free upgrades and enhancements and professional support), the Agency license allows you to install the plugin on as many sites as you need, create client sub-accounts, and set up automated PayPal client invoicing, making it ideal for digital marketing service providers. Price = $497.00 Single Payment.
Please Note: The cost of purchasing HeatMapTracker depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time special offers. The above reflects the current pricing when this review was written. This may or may not be the actual pricing set by the software seller when you visit the site and you may be shown additional upsells or one-time offers after you’ve purchased.
Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details: HeatMap Tracker – Real-Time ClickTracking And HeatMap Tracker
For a demo video of the software in action, including installation videos and tutorials, FAQ and more, visit the HeatMapTracker website.
Services such as Google Analytics provide important information on things such as the number of people arriving on your pages, how they are finding it and what they do whilst on your site. However, if you want to truly gain deeper insights into how your site and your content is helping your visitors to engage with your digital presence, then a heat map analytics software application can be very useful.
We suggest buying a license of Heat Map Tracker for real-time heat maps and accurate visitor recordings with detailed user-behavior tracking and conversion optimization to help you improve user-experience, engagement and to make more web sales.
To learn more, check out the software here: Heat Map Tracker – Live ClickTracking And HeatMap Tracker